DR Systems Unity RIS/PACS Central (Image) Server
The Central Server is the fault-tolerant central image and data server stores all on-line cases on the DR Systems database. The central architecture offers the following advantages:
- Provides immediate access of any case from any Dominator or Ambassador on the LAN.
- Allows viewing of “cases-in-progress” including any input image without waiting for cases to be stored and forwarded to a local or remote workstation.
- Provides a backup system that enables any technologist or reading physician workstation to function independently, even in the rare event of a server or network failure.
- Central Architecture provides a clear functional benefit, as well as the additional layer of reliability due to each workstation’s ability to function independently.
- Optional clustered configuration for enhanced availability.
Unified Database Architecture
DR Systems provides an optional Unified Database Architecture (UDA) to support facilities with multiple sites that are connected at less than LAN speed. The UDA provides an image repository at each site for quick access and ensures that all sites access the same database of scheduled, online, and archived exams, patients, reading physicians, referring physicians, and exam types.